|Tutors||Dr Susan Elsley and Professor Kay Tisdall|
|Length||Two days – 10am to 4pm each day.|
|Date & location||28th and 29th April 2016
6th Floor Meeting Room, Chrystal Macmillan Building, George Square,
The University of Edinburgh
|Accreditation||10 credits at Level 11 in the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework. (Accreditation extra)|
The course will cover:
To explore using creative based methods in research and consultation with children and young people.
By the end of the course participants should have:
• Considered what are creative methods, with a focus on arts based methods
• Explored the benefits of using creative based methods in research and consultation with children and young people
• Evaluated critically a range of different creative approaches in research and consultation with children and young people
• Had the opportunity to consider examples of innovative practice using creative methods
• Considered any ethical issues that arising from using creative methods
• Identified how to apply creative methods in research and consultation with children and young people in different settings.
The course is offered as ‘blended learning’ with 2 days, face to face, and an active social network website for communication before and after the 2 days.
The course is highly participative and aims to draw on participants’ experience. Extensive online resources are available to participants for 9 months after completing the course.
The course is convened by Dr Susan Elsley and Professor Kay Tisdall who have extensive experience in delivering education and training on research and consultation with children and young people. There will also be contributions from external experts.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those working with children and young people who want to develop their research and consultation skills. It is also appropriate for anyone who is moving into this field. No formal entry requirements.
|Standard Course Fee||£350|
|Standard Course Fee with accreditation||£425|
|Reduced Fee (booking two courses)||£325|
|Reduced Fee (booking two courses) with accreditation||£400|