|Tutors||Dr Susan Elsley and Professor Kay Tisdall|
|Length||Two days – 10am to 4pm each day|
|Date & location||23rd and 24th April 2015
Library, George Square
The University of Edinburgh
|Accreditation||10 credits at Level 11 in the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework. (Accreditation extra)|
To explore using digital media in research and consultation with children and young people.
By the end of the course participants should have:
- Explored the benefits of using digital media in research and consultation with children and young people
- Increased understanding of a range of research and consultation tools available through digital media
- Increased skills in critically assessing ethical, methodological and analytical issues arising from using digital media
- Considered which digital media tools would be appropriate to use in their academic or professional settings
- Benefited from opportunities to share experiences and knowledge through discussion and participatory learning activities.
The course is offered as ‘blended learning’ with 2 days, face to face, and an active social network website for communication before and after the 2 days.
The course is highly participative and aims to draw on participants’ experience. Extensive online resources are available to participants for 9 months after completing the course.
The course is convened by Dr Susan Elsley and Professor Kay Tisdall who have extensive experience in delivering education and training on research and consultation with children and young people. There will also be contributions from external experts.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those working with children and young people who want to develop their research and consultation skills. It is also appropriate for anyone who is moving into this field. No formal entry requirements.
|Fees||Early bird rate to
31st October 2014
1st November 2014
|Standard Course Fee||£325||£350|
|Standard Course Fee with accreditation||£400||£425|
|Reduced Fee (booking two courses)||£300||£325|
|Reduced Fee (booking two courses) with accreditation||£375||£400|
|Reduced Fee (booking three courses)||£275||£300|
|Reduced Fee (booking three courses) with accreditation||£350||£375|