Thursday 18 May 2017 – 9.30am to 1pm
Torridon Room, Charles Stewart House
16 Chambers Street, Edinburgh
This half-day course provides support for anyone involved in explaining academic ideas to a non-academic audience in written form. It is aimed at researchers, research and policy officers, and knowledge exchange and impact people. The course is led by Dr Sarah Morton, Co-Director of CRFR with over 15 years of experience of working in Knowledge Exchange environments, and Lesley Kelly, CRFR Knowledge Exchange & Communications Co-ordinator.
This course covers:
- Top tips for plain language
- Jargon busting
- Writing clear language research summaries
- Tailoring your message
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Have learned some techniques to support writing in clear language
- Feel confident in their abilities in getting their message across to a range of audiences
- Have knowledge about a range of resources to support them in producing material for non-academic audiences
The course contains practical exercises. Participants should aim to bring a piece of writing they are working on.
The cost of this half-day course is £50.